The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Winters Thief Zero
Frost-Knight
6 posters

Fire Emblem TCG returning this summer

Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 126

Fire Emblem TCG returning this summer Empty Fire Emblem TCG returning this summer

Post by Frost-Knight Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:35 am

Fire Emblem TCG returning this summer FireEmblemTCG_zpse4b10a48

In the Japanese Nintendo Direct, Iwata mentioned that the Fire Emblem TCG series will be relaunched this summer, alongside Fire Emblem: if (Fire Emblem 14). He didn't spend a lot of time on it, but he did show cards of Marth, Caeda, and Tharja.

The TCG will likely be Japan-exclusive, sadly. But the artwork looks really nice, I hope some characters who didn't get much artwork before will get a second chance.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Fire Emblem TCG returning this summer Empty Re: Fire Emblem TCG returning this summer

Post by King Atem Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:52 pm

Feh, the cards remind me of mhat I've seen of the KHC TCG series a bit [impo].
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Fire Emblem TCG returning this summer Empty Re: Fire Emblem TCG returning this summer

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:40 pm

Wait, so is Fire Emblem 3DS releasing in Summer in Japan then? Damn, that's a lot sooner than I thought, I was expecting 2016.

I think it's interesting they're relaunching this, I wonder if it'll even be successful though...chances are it will knowing Japan's market though. Probably won't reach anywhere else though.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Post by King Atem Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:41 pm

I would love to see a Fie Emblem TCG franchise release in the states.. Though I doubt it'll ever happen. /:
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:21 am

Yoshiman and I play this on LackeyCCG with the cards from the first series (Awakening and Shadow Dragon). The rules are... a little to get used to but thankfully Serene's Forest forums have a translation of said rules as well as the plugin needed.

tbh though you'd probably learn more by playing against Yoshiman or myself. Yoshiman has a mean Lissa deck lol

Next season of cards due late? September, will be Fates themed with Hoshido and Nohr cards
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:02 am

^ Hm...maybe at some point I will. I'm not much of a TCG guy but I could try to get into this, I do love Fire Emblem.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:06 pm

I might give it a go at some point. It's been years since I have played any kind of TCG though.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Post by King Atem Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:01 pm

I'd play: if I had the extra time for it. xD I'll still check it out when I get a free chance to. (:
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:43 pm

For those who are interested in the TCG artwork (like me), Serenes Forest has a nice collection of the Hundred Song of Heroes deck.
    Link: http://serenesforest.net/gallery/25th-anniversary/

I'm not a fan of some of the artstyles, but at least they're varied. Some artworks look great, some are just weird. I kind of wish they were more similar to the previous FE TCG in style.
    At least some of my favourite characters got decent artworks, so I'm not complaining much.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:35 pm

I like how these cards look. A lot of them have a nice artstyle and pretty pleasant to look at.I really like the ones featuring Walhart, Noire, and the two Tiki ones. Severa's is also cute. Great artwork.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by The Shattered Legacy Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:59 am

I think MK and I are talking about very different TCGs lol
    I thought the 100 Song of Heroes was a promotional thing just for the 25th series anniversary

Whereas FE Cipher (FE0) has a unified format, differing artists still, but actually functions as a tcg lol

Tbh I never understood the old tcg and how that worked
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:22 am

Delirious Emperor wrote:I think MK and I are talking about very different TCGs lol
    I thought the 100 Song of Heroes was a promotional thing just for the 25th series anniversary
    I should have made that more clear, the one I'm talking about is just a set of collectible cards, not the Cipher TCG.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:12 pm

What? I actually thought we were talking about Fire Emblem Cipher as well, even before TCL posted. Now I'm confused as to what this thread should even be about, lol.

As for the character artwork for the other card set, I do really like it.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by The Shattered Legacy Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:40 am

Series 2 is about to release, Hoshido and Nohr cards and characters are generally ones exclusive to one route or the other

http://fecipher.jp/cards/BT0002.html for the list of cards, there's also a few promo cards such as the Lv3 Corrins and of all characters Ike (who'll be in Series 3 proper)

I'll probably end up making a Nohr-centric deck with some Hoshido supplementation

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:23 am