The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Year and a Bit: My Voice Hell Because Of the Infamous Acid Reflux

Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 715

Year and a Bit: My Voice Hell Because Of the Infamous Acid Reflux Empty Year and a Bit: My Voice Hell Because Of the Infamous Acid Reflux

Post by Snowy Yialina Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:09 am

Okay, for years, I have noticed something has been wrong with me. Being sick every morning, ever since Year 6 (10-11 years old) until present day (yep, I still have this). It just didn't add up. Like most people, you'd assume it's just anxiety, I knew it wasn't, all along. It just didn't add up and happened when I felt fine. There was just no rhyme or reason with it: it just happened Sad 

Well, now, for the past year and a bit, so we're looking 18 months, so nearly two years, I've noticed grave difficulty with my voice. It first started that I couldn't even sing past Middle C, (265 hz, or something, which, face it, is really bad. Everyone, no matter where your voice stands should be able to hit it. It's easy). Then I started losing my voice if I ever had to go up in pitch, and I was, like 'Hang on a minute. This isn't right', and what's this burning feeling I'm having? It happened randomly. But it first started only occurring every few months, so I thought 'Vocal damage, vocal damage' or 'Hoarse voice caused by strain' but, well, that's been wrong, really wrong. This soon started to increase and become more prominent and horrendous. At first, it was something I could live with, here and miss there but after a while, it began to become really annoying. I was starting to lose my voice only after little activity and I was beginning to lose volume, (yes, volume). I was losing the ability to shout/to scream but it didn't stop there. 

Back in, like, December not the year just gone, the year before it, I was going swimming. I found when I went swimming again, there were a few changes in my body, but these were abnormal. I could no longer go under water, because my ears would just block up and send immense pressure through me, which made me feel horrible. So, goodbye to my great underwater swimming, good bye proper breath stroke, goodbye proper strokes. I instantly thought something was up, instantly. But let it go but after a few more times of going, I noticed... Every time I get out, I feel ill, I'm sneezing and I'm having flu-like symptoms. This was when I started to get really worried. As a result, later on in April, I quit, to see if it made a difference, as each time I now went, I'd have flu-like symptoms for 10 days, a horrendously dry throat, voice that I'd lose several times a day for no reason and an absolutely horrendous choline-like taste in my mouth that'd linger. Not to mention sneezing, this burning feeling and this horrible taste doubled with headaches and abnormal toilet problems. So, I thought, maybe, perhaps, I'm somehow intolerant to chlorine now. Y'know, puberty happens, so, perhaps...

So, I quit. I felt slightly better after my last, of what I think still was a chlorine hypersensitivity reaction but it could also be, well, something to do with the acid reflux. Chlorine and acid, if they mix, must be a deadly concoction, so I assume that if it wasn't chlorine hypersensitivity, it was a dangerous chemical reaction occurring inside me. Blech. But, after a while, I noticed, that, still, I was having grave difficulty with my voice. No voice in the mornings now, sometimes reappearing in the day but not always. Okay, this was when I really freaked out. 'Vocal damage, severe' I thought but I was wrong, again. During this 18 months, we have been going to the doctors, frequently, asking why I'm having flu-like symptoms all the time, why I'm getting headaches, why I keep losing my voice, and yeah. They first thought it was hayfever, a cold, and such but no. They later tried me on an antibiotic, thinking that it was thrush. Negative. Nope, not that. After ages, only a few weeks ago, we find what it is, for definite proved by a gastrologist. It's, what my nan thought all along, a thing called acid reflux. 

Here, I am, 18 months after it has started and it's worse than ever. The taste lingers every single day (Tastes like a burning deodorant or detergent, so really horrible) and I get brief rest-bite from it. I get severe headaches, I'm thirsty all the time (from the acid. It must strip my throat of moisture, making me think I'm not hydrated but I am), I feel sick every morning, my voice is so terrible. I can't talk every morning and it rarely comes back. I can't talk louder than 30 db (checked with an app), so, think of that, that's really bad. It's so hoarse all the time and it's just not there. I'm currently on omeprozole but it's only been a few weeks, so it could take a long while for them to kick in. So, here I am, feeling like I'm dying in my own body. Causes? Well, it's quite ambiguous but the gut doctor thinks it's because of all I've been through in the years, stress, anxiety, the like but he thinks the significant factors are my eating habits. Y'know, not consistently eating breakfast for 5 years can't be good, can it? The phase where I ate barely nothing, my weight (I'm, like 2 stone under weight) and how I ate. Binge eating, it ain't good for you. So, I have to change my diet, make sure I eat breakfast every morning, and yeah... But, bad thing. The gut doctor says it could be years, yes, years until this is eradicated. So, looks like I won't be able to get any jobs in a few years. No one would be able to hear me. Ugh. This is absolutely horrendous Sad 
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Year and a Bit: My Voice Hell Because Of the Infamous Acid Reflux Empty Re: Year and a Bit: My Voice Hell Because Of the Infamous Acid Reflux

Post by Nessness Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:58 am

Oh my... this is a terrible news. I'm sorry to hear that.
    Yi, I hope you recover.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Year and a Bit: My Voice Hell Because Of the Infamous Acid Reflux Empty Re: Year and a Bit: My Voice Hell Because Of the Infamous Acid Reflux

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:09 am

I know you've mentioned being sick like this a lot, but that's much worse than I thought. I'm sorry you're going through this, I hope the medication helps more quickly than the doctor thinks. That's terrible. :/
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:38 pm

I hope you pull through this soon and I'm sorry to hear that something like this is happening.
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 715

Post by Snowy Yialina Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:01 pm

Nessness wrote:Oh my... this is a terrible news. I'm sorry to hear that.
    Yi, I hope you recover.
     Thank you, Nessness Smile That means a lot~
    Winters Thief Zero wrote:I know you've mentioned being sick like this a lot, but that's much worse than I thought. I'm sorry you're going through this, I hope the medication helps more quickly than the doctor thinks. That's terrible. :/
     Sadly, it is, yeah. Thanks for the support, though Smile  And, sadly... these tablets sometimes make you feel a whole lot worse before they start to make you feel better. Like today. I've been off today, with a banging headache, extremely sore throat, that horrible taste that's making me feel dehydrated all the time, and yeah. *hugs* Yozz... I really want out! Sad Hopefully so, but knowing my luck: I doubt it. I highly doubt it.
    SnowGuy1996 wrote:I hope you pull through this soon and I'm sorry to hear that something like this is happening.
       Thank you, GameGuy, it means a lot Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:50 am