The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

I Hate NoA

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

I Hate NoA Empty I Hate NoA

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:05 pm

It's pretty evident Nintendo is one of my favorite companies, if not my #1 favorite. However, I'm tired of Nintendo of America. They were just fine up until the past few years, honestly, but they've slowly become a horrible company. They never market any new titles, and when they do, the marketing campaign isn't anywhere near as great as in other regions. They make seemingly random decisions that make no sense, such as deciding simply to not release the standard New 3DS here, or the most recent case with not releasing Devil's Third. And not only that, but they then give shitty reasoning as to why they decided to not release them here.

They also act as though the consumer means nothing to them. We've shown them we want certain titles, consoles, etc. and they don't listen. Honestly, Nintendo in general DOES care about that sort of thing, but the general public doesn't even think so only because NoA doesn't. AT ALL.

NoA will often try to give us the bare minimum. Oh no reason to release a special edition for that game, or a bundle, or an entire game, or entire CONSOLE, just because it won't make all that much money. But it's not like it's making none. It isn't worthless. Consumers want these products and they won't give them to us.

It's even gotten to the point where games are releasing months later here than other regions, and for higher prices too. For example, Splatoon is full price in NA. (and it's MORE than deserving of being full priced, I mean it's a full game, and it's the best Nintendo game in a VERY long time) But in literally every other region, it's half that price. The equivalent of $30. Why do we have to pay that much when other regions don't?

I'm tired of dealing with it. Every other regional Nintendo subsidiary is fine. Even when they make a decision that seems somewhat unreasonable, they do end up giving good reasoning as to why they made said decision. Why can't NoA be like that too?...

Ugh.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

I Hate NoA Empty Re: I Hate NoA

Post by Marowak Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:38 pm

Marketing and localization at its finest, "NoA, we do what we want, YEEEAAAA!!!"
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:56 pm

That's how every company works and NOJ makes most of the calls. NOA only does the marketing and we know they hardly have adds on TV. The regular New 3DS also did not come over since the XL versions do better outside of Japan.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:33 am

I agree with you Zero but it is still better than NoK which doesn't release the Wii U.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:08 am

Honestly I don't know how I feel about NoA. I feel like the USofA has been shafted for so long by them that it's just something I got used to really. So having hate towards them is a waste of my time & energy in the end. When my hate can be directed at a different company; such as SquareEnix for their newer Final Fantasy titles sucking a lot of a$$, EA games, & Konami for both sucking much a$$ as of late as well. NoA may seem like a terrible entity but I can't hate them as much as I hate & loath EA, crappy brown shooters & other stuff there is that is worthy of my hate in general.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:17 pm