The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

My Thoughts on SEGA's Mobile Direction

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

My Thoughts on SEGA's Mobile Direction Empty My Thoughts on SEGA's Mobile Direction

Post by Luma Party Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:49 pm

So, since Sega has transitioned into a company focused on mobile games, they've released 2 mobile games.
    Sonic Runners (developed by Sonic Team), and Heroki (developed by Picomy).
    These are the problems I see.
    1. Sonic Runners is 100% Internet-based, and cannot be played without Internet.
    2. Sonic Runners requires iOS 8.3 or later, which many people have elected not to update to.
    3. Heroki is $8.99.

Those are just basic issues.
    Why does Sonic's game need to be online?
    Sonic Dash is a huge hit on the App Store and Google Play, but Runners hasn't gotten any achievements.
    Sonic Runners also lacks playable characters.
    Only Sonic is available from the start, Tails and Knuckles are unlockable.
    Some Japanese and Canadian players were  available to get Charmy, Espio and Vector from the Premium Roulette back in March, Amy is available by inviting people on Facebook...
    They have added Rouge and Omega through the Roulette, but that's not exactly what people want.
    And why is Heroki so expensive?
    When SEGA released the 2 episodes of Sonic 4, each were $3.49 on the App Store, this game, which doesn't have a popular IP, is $2 more than both episodes of Sonic 4 combined.
    In terms of the games themselves, Sonic Runners being an endless runner really gets repetitive and boring after a while, while Heroki, which I haven't played looks interesting, but heavily based on touch controls.

I can't say I know much about the mobile gaming business, but what I can see is that if SEGA continues to be like this, they aren't headed for success.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

My Thoughts on SEGA's Mobile Direction Empty Re: My Thoughts on SEGA's Mobile Direction

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:38 pm

This is the first I'm hearing of Heroki, it quite honestly looks like the best game SEGA has put out in years. It could be worth the price if there's enough content there, just because it's a mobile game doesn't mean it has to be 99 cents like a lot of others.

But yeah, the fact that they're focused almost entirely on mobile now is disappointing. Sonic Runners looks horrible, if most of their mobile games will be low quality like that but still fairly expensive, they won't find success, even despite it being on the platform with most potential. (smart devices are owned by soooo many people)

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:01 pm