The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Disney's live action: Beauty & the Beast

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Disney's live action: Beauty & the Beast Empty Disney's live action: Beauty & the Beast

Post by queenzelda Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:45 pm

I made a separate thread about this movie because I wanted to go more into depth about why I didn't like it (personally). I mean I'm sure there are fans of this movie so please don't take my review of it to heart if you really want to see it please do so. Though since the original movie is so great I'd HIGHLY suggest seeing it over the live action one, but I suppose I'm biased towards the animated version. xD

Okay first off I have to say that the live action version of Gaston just didn't sell me on his ACTUALLY BEING Gaston.

Disney's live action: Beauty & the Beast Luke-evans-gaston
    I mean he played the role very well but Gaston in the original animated movie was a muscle bound oaf in love with himself. Meanwhile the actor portraying him was just some skinny knuckle headed oaf in love with himself alternatively. I was thinking, what? No! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO GASTON Disney! I actually like Gaston as a villain don't make me not like him & this movie (almost) did that to me. D:

As for Emma Watson playing the role of Belle? OMG. Oh my freaking god. <.<; It's like they slapped a Belle dress on Hermione Granger & boom there you go you've got Belle. Yea. It's just like I thought. Cause when I saw she was playing the role of Belle I said & I quote; "She's going to Hermione it up." And I HATE it when I'm right. So if you have not seen the Harry Potter films SEE THIS MOVIE FIRST before getting into the Harry Potter series of films & you should be fine, cause then you'll just see her acting the very same as before.

The guy who played the role of Belle's father, he was alright but kind of forgettable impo. I mean in the original animated series he was way more expressive then the actor who portrayed him seemed to be.

One thing to note is that I do like the live action version of Lafu. OMG he was the best thing about the movie. BUT at the same time when the best thing about a live action 'romance' movie is the comedy, it then becomes a comedy! -_- Any who... Something I thought was interesting is when ever they showed Lafu starting to sing & involve others in what ever he was doing, you saw him pay coin to the woman who played the organ. Or he'd pay coin to some others in order to 'duel' Gaston when the whole bit about 'how Gaston is so great'. You could also tell in those scenes just how much Lafu had a thing for Gaston too, which I thought was great (& funny with the way it was done). But none of that is in the animated movie, neither was most other things. I mean at the start every one is at the Prince's party he's throwing & every one is wearing POWDERED WIGS! Wtf? I mean am I watching a period piece? The whole story is changed because the story is told that the royalty over taxed it's people so he could have beautiful things. WHICH ISN'T IN THE ORIGINAL. >.< I couldn't watch much more then getting to the part of where Belle is kept prisoner inside the castle after she arrives to find & 'rescue' her father. I couldn't keep watching it because I really wasn't enjoying it like I thought I would. I'm going to now go & watch the original animated version via my dvd collection. I'd suggest you do the same & skip out on watching this great monstrosity. But hey if you do end up watching it, & liking it then more power to you. x3

At the end of it all I give it a 4 out of 10 because Lafu was just the best! He's the only reason to watch the movie & everything else just seems to be filler with crappy half a**ed acting. xp
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Ness
    Ness

User Points : 1295

Disney's live action: Beauty & the Beast Empty Re: Disney's live action: Beauty & the Beast

Post by Kyng Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:16 pm

I haven't seen this movie (it's just not the sort of thing I'd be particularly interested in), but I definitely know what you mean about Emma Watson. It's impossible for me to look at her and not see Hermione Granger. 

I'm worried that that's going to affect her for the rest of her career now Sad ....
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Disney's live action: Beauty & the Beast Empty Re: Disney's live action: Beauty & the Beast

Post by queenzelda Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:26 pm

KyngzIndeyen wrote:I haven't seen this movie (it's just not the sort of thing I'd be particularly interested in), but I definitely know what you mean about Emma Watson. It's impossible for me to look at her and not see Hermione Granger. 

I'm worried that that's going to affect her for the rest of her career now Sad ....
    Well from what I've seen of other people who've seen the movie (who wasn't me) they were able to enjoy her in the role as Belle. I just couldn't see her past being Hermione prior was hard for me to do in order to enjoy the movie fully. That & the animated version the characters are so much more expressive & the colors are so much brighter that I also suppose I'm more biased towards the animated version anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:04 am