The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Where the fetch are my jrpg's Sony?

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Where the fetch are my jrpg's Sony? Empty Where the fetch are my jrpg's Sony?

Post by queenzelda Wed May 08, 2013 6:51 pm

>:3 No seriously where is Wild Arms 6 for the PS3? NO WHERE. Where the fetch is Kingdom Hearts 3 for the PS3? Last I read it's looked at to be released on the Wii U: not the promised land of the PS3! :3

Seriously, consider this a minute; WHERE HAVE ALL THE JRPG'S GONE to!?!?! They used to be in Sony's arsenal.. But no more or at least they're releasing less as often.. Besides the gawd awful looking Tales of Gracy f jrpg (which I see as a 'mother may I' type of jrpg & I don't like those type) that released to the PS3.. Everything else that's "supposed to be jrpg" related either has a plot that sounds like crap or is crap. There are a choice few jems in the pile of crap such as Ni No Kuni and a few others I could mention, but you have to dig around just to find them! >.<

I remember a time when I could count on Sony to be the go to console for all of my jrpg's. Ranging from Suikoden, Breath of Fire, to Wild Arms I could count on Sony for halfway decent jrpg's.. But lately; my jrpg's are coming from NINTENDO. Seriously.. I mean hey that makes me a happy camper, but if Sony keeps on releasing less & less jrpg's for their consoles; I see no point in owning a PS4 otherwise..
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Where the fetch are my jrpg's Sony? Empty Re: Where the fetch are my jrpg's Sony?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed May 08, 2013 10:03 pm

Well considering both Sony AND Nintendo are Japanese companies, it makes sense that Nintendo would have jrpgs on their consoles as well. :3

This is pretty much unrelated to you talking about JRPGs, but the PS4 seems pretty pointless to me in general anyway.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Where the fetch are my jrpg's Sony? Empty Re: Where the fetch are my jrpg's Sony?

Post by queenzelda Thu May 09, 2013 2:17 am

Zero Revolution wrote:Well considering both Sony AND Nintendo are Japanese companies, it makes sense that Nintendo would have jrpgs on their consoles as well. :3
    Yes perhaps but what I'm asking is where is my jrpg Sony promise land? It 'tis no more my friend.

Zero Revolution wrote:This is pretty much unrelated to you talking about JRPGs, but the PS4 seems pretty pointless to me in general anyway.
    Well for me it's very poignant as JRPG's are my bread and butter. Thus without the butter I like to go on the bread there is no point in looking to purchase Sony's next gen console. So imho; Sony having no JRPG's on the PS4= my not purchasing said 'next gen' console in the end.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Sat May 11, 2013 11:14 am

She's right as Sony's console's are abysmal in JRPG's as of late. If you like Persona and the like your set, same with shooters, psychology thrillers, & post apocalyptic same old same old just with a different take on the idea and characters. After a while some of it just gets stale; so I agree with her post saying that the Sony franchise is lacking in the JRG spectrum of gaming.

Personally I like the MGS franchise; but even IT is starting to get stale... If not a bit on the end of being as predictable.. Since seeing the MGSV The Phantom Pain trailer for the next MGS installment I felt that it was like I was watching clips taken straight from the V for Vendetta movie. <_<" Might as well rename it MGS V-For Vendetta quite honestly. XD

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 3:16 pm

queenzelda wrote:Besides the gawd awful looking Tales of Gracy f jrpg

First of all, "Tales of GRACES f".

Secondly, I am going to stab myself now because you said that. *does so*

That game has a special place in my heart and I must admit I got offended when I saw that. >.> But why? Only because of Richard, honestly...

As for the whole thing of less and less JRPGs. This is America. What do you expect? We don't like that stuff. WE LUV SHOOTERZ. And trust me, I got rid of my Vita for the very fact of no decent JRPGs('cept P4G. that was sexy). Also, and personally, I think Nintendo is catered more to American audiences than Sony is. That is precisely one reason the Vita is doing so poorly.

Considering JRPGs are my favorite genre it frustrates me that I can NEVER find the certain ones I'm looking for. They're so rare to find in America. Also, I would agree on the whole Sony bit. And I must be honest here... I think the PSP has better JRPGs than the PS3...
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Sat May 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Unknown Entity wrote:First of all, "Tales of GRACES f".

Secondly, I am going to stab myself now because you said that. *does so*
    *Uses a healing spell over Unknown Entity*

Unknown Entity wrote:That game has a special place in my heart and I must admit I got offended when I saw that. >.> But why? Only because of Richard, honestly...
    No it's the whole aspect that I have to flipping ask to go anywhere that I don't like it. (Aka: the 'mother may I' effect) AT ALL.

Final Fantasy Origins does this with the Princess where you have to constantly go back and forth to her when something comes up and I loathe having to do that; especially in JRPG's which are supposed to be more open ended then that. Cause having to keep going back to insert person one or two here for what ever reason; gets old for me after some time.. <.<

Unknown Entity wrote:As for the whole thing of less and less JRPGs. This is America. What do you expect? We don't like that stuff. WE LUV SHOOTERZ. And trust me, I got rid of my Vita for the very fact of no decent JRPGs('cept P4G. that was sexy). Also, and personally, I think Nintendo is catered more to American audiences than Sony is. That is precisely one reason the Vita is doing so poorly.

Considering JRPGs are my favorite genre it frustrates me that I can NEVER find the certain ones I'm looking for. They're so rare to find in America. Also, I would agree on the whole Sony bit. And I must be honest here... I think the PSP has better JRPGs than the PS3...
    Well that's the reason I have a 3DS; the 3DS is going to be sexy full of them by the time 2015 hits. I refuse to own a PSV until it's got more then CRAP for games on it. Only reason I have a PS3 is so I can play Ni No Kuni; 3D Dot Game Hero's, Little Big Planet, Disgaea, Folklore and a few other titles.. But they are VERY FEW. I have WAY more games for my Wii by comparison (*cough*28*cough*)! Where as I barely have over at the least 10 in my PS3 collection.. Which is just.... SAD.

I plan to get the Kingdom Hearts HD Final Mix Plus edition releasing to the PS3.. But other then KH I have no plans on getting any other game otherwise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:11 am