The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
queenzelda
Polar
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
Luma Party
TheFrozenFairy
Marowak
11 posters

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Page 10 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by The Shattered Legacy Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:47 am

Gameguy1996 wrote:Breath of the Wild has sold 3.8 units worldwide with 2.76 coming for the Switch version and 1.08 coming from the Wii U version.

Source

Looks like the game payed off for Nintendo after all with there goal being 2.5 million for Breath of the Wild.
    I hope you did mean 3.8m/2.76m/1.08m units respectively tongue (How does one sell a fraction of a game unit anyway)

Amazing numbers nonetheless
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Page 10 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:46 pm

It's crazy how well this game is selling, especially in NA where the Switch version sold more than the amount of Switch consoles sold. It's a fantastic game and it's great seeing so much praise and such great sales numbers. Especially on Wii U, I didn't think it'd fare too well on there.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:It's crazy how well this game is selling, especially on Wii U, I didn't think it'd fare too well on there.
    Well of course it's going to sell well on the WiiU since not every one can afford to get a Switch day one. Or just don't want a Switch atmo.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:22 pm

^ Which of course makes sense, I did the same thing because I can't afford a Switch and don't want one just yet anyway. But the GameCube version of Twilight Princess sold horribly so I figured it would be a similar scenario here. Especially with how well the Switch console itself is selling.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:29 pm

I'm not surprised tbh. I think it has something to do with the fact that the hold outs of people who've yet to purchase a Switch are probably a bit speculative of the new console. I think that most people who aren't getting one aren't getting one because the Switch could turn into another failed console, like what happened with the WiiU. With Twilight Princess the Gamecube sold very well, with the newest console releasing Nintendo had hyped it up. Thus when the Wii released so did the next Zelda game, but the Wii was completely different then what the Switch is. The Switch (impo) is just a tablet Wii with 2 controllers that come with it out of the box. :p Yea the Switch version is going to sell because there are crazy LoZ fans out there & just want it with out without owning a Switch.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon May 01, 2017 11:51 pm

Nintendo has shared more info on the upcoming Summer DLC pack. An update to change the Language is also live right now.

Nintendo PR wrote:REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Hailed by both critics and audiences as one of the most ambitious video games Nintendo has ever produced, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game has earned universal acclaim. The massive open-air adventure will soon receive even more engaging content with the Expansion Pass, composed of two planned DLC packs for both the Nintendo Switch and Wii U versions. The first pack, called The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – The Master Trials, launches this summer, while the second DLC pack launches in holiday 2017. The two packs are only available as a bundle for a price of $19.99. The first pack of downloadable content will add the Trial of the Sword and a challenging new Hard Mode to the game, as well as other fun and useful features.
    “Whether you have already completed the adventure or are just getting ready to paraglide into Hyrule for the first time, this new downloadable Expansion Pass makes this massive game even bigger and more engrossing,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “We are always looking for new ways to provide fun and exciting experiences for our fans.”
    Here is a breakdown of everything The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – The Master Trials has to offer:
    Trial of the Sword: By accessing this location, players can challenge the new Trial of the Sword (previously known as “Cave of Trials Challenge”), where enemies appear one after another. Link starts without any armor or weapons, and if he defeats all of the enemies in the room he can proceed to the next area. Trial of the Sword will include around 45 total rooms for players to complete. When Link clears all of the trials, the true power of the Master Sword will awaken and always be in its glowing powered-up state.
    Hard Mode: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is already considered one of the most thrilling games in The Legend of Zelda series, and fans looking for a challenge are in for a treat with the new Hard Mode. In Hard Mode, the “ranks” of enemies in the game are increased (i.e. Red Bokoblins change to Blue), and players might even encounter higher-ranking enemies they wouldn’t find through normal play. Enemies will also slowly recover health in battle, forcing you to defeat them more quickly. They will also more easily spot Link as he approaches them, making these enemies tougher to sneak up on. In addition, floating planks held aloft by balloons will be scattered around Hyrule. By successfully reaching these planks, players can battle enemies and collect treasure.
    Hero’s Path Mode: Exploring Hyrule is exciting, but with such a large world it’s sometimes hard for players to remember where they’ve been. To help with tracking progress, the new Hero’s Path Mode will document every step players take, and mark their path in green on the map. The route taken will be tracked for the player’s last 200 hours of play time, with an included slider to track footsteps on a timeline. This even works retroactively, so players that have already put many hours into the game will be able to see where they have traveled. This feature will help in identifying the locations they haven’t visited in this vast world, and may help players find those Shrines they haven’t encountered yet.
    Travel Medallion: There will be a new treasure chest somewhere in the game world which contains the Travel Medallion. With the Travel Medallion, players can create a temporary new travel point on the map where they are currently standing. Link can then transport himself to that point at any time. Only one travel point can be registered on the map at a time.
    Korok Mask: By finding the new Korok Mask, players will have a much easier time finding Korok locations in the game. When equipped, the mask will shake, indicating that a Korok is hidden somewhere nearby.
    New Equipment: Eight new pieces of equipment inspired by previous characters and games in the series will be added to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild after downloading the first DLC pack. Once discovered by the player, they will yield equipment themed after fan-favorite games and characters such as Midna, Tingle, Phantom and Majora’s Mask.
    More information about the second DLC pack will be revealed in the future. All DLC is available for both the Nintendo Switch and Wii U versions of the game.
    Starting today, players will be able to experience the game in one of nine audio languages [Japanese, English, French (France), French (Canada), German, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian and Russian], with a different language used for on-screen text by downloading a free software update. To enable this feature in the Wii U version of the game, players will need to download a Voice Pack from Nintendo eShop.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25568/~/how-to-update-legend-of-zelda%3A-breath-of-the-wild-%28nintendo-switch%29

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Page 10 Ccd1a284c037c2f5262959d13eb30a35

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Page 10 Df4c6d8c897d33c0e0f9e9f0962b30b5

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Page 10 14787e9a9969563e79ce565cd25ce99f

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Page 10 39bd79f6c27dc281965b10c818dfd573

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Page 10 B1df5ea4912b2d0ef75d335a41d707e1

I really like how the Tingle and the Phantom outfits look and that's great how people can switch to whatever language they want.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed May 03, 2017 6:42 pm

Huh, I thought I posted about that. I definitely don't think it's anywhere near as exciting as the second pack. Even so, I suppose it's nice to get those costumes at least. The tingle one is hilarious.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Sat May 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Ewww dlc. Don't touch it cause it's poison! /jk Razz Eh, from what I've read on other sites, the dlc releasing is 'meh' worthy if that thus far & are things some people don't care for. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:49 am

DLC pack one is now live.

It will likely be a while before I get around to playing it due to how many games I still need to play.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:05 pm

Breath of the Wild sold 1.16 million more units this quarter bringing sales up to 3.92.

Source

At this point the title is sure to hit 5 million sales at least and it's nice to see Zelda have such strong sales out of the gate for once.

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:22 am

^ I'm willing to bet it'll sell better than Twilight Princess which is currently the best selling game in the series at around 12 million or so. I wonder what chunk of those sales are on Wii U.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:25 pm

I read this morning that a fan is bringing multiplayer to Breath of the Wild with a mod they're in the middle of developing for the WiiU. sauce

Personally, I'm mildly curious to see how this mod will work when it's finished.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:35 pm

^ Same here, that sounds really interesting! I think it was kind of a missed opportunity for it not to be included officially in the game to begin with so it could be pretty cool to see that. Knowing how fan mods for multiplayer have been in some games I've seen in the past it probably wouldn't be particularly great but it's still interesting.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:42 am

We finally have a trailer for pack 2 and it's out right now.

I can't wait to dive back into the game at some point even though I still need to complete the main story before I can even play the DLC .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:50 am