The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Shouzou Kaga returning to making SRPGs

Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 126

Shouzou Kaga returning to making SRPGs Empty Shouzou Kaga returning to making SRPGs

Post by Frost-Knight Wed May 06, 2015 4:37 pm

Shouzou Kaga just announced that he will return to developing strategy RPGs. Most people probably don't know who he is, but he's the grandfather of the Fire Emblem series. He worked on the games up till the fifth game, Thracia 776, and left Intelligent Systems as soon as the game was finished. He later developed and released two games similar to Fire Emblem; TearRing Saga and Berwick Saga, for the PS1 and PS2 (only released in Japan).

Appearently, he and ten more people are working on a game with SRPG Studio (a Fire Emblem-styled SPRG creator). Surpisingly enough, fans can contribute and send in content that may be used in the game.

I am so happy to hear these news, I've been a fan of Kaga's games since I first played them. If he's still as good at making games as he was ten years ago, I can't wait to see how this game will be. Hopefully it even gets a western release!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Shouzou Kaga returning to making SRPGs Empty Re: Shouzou Kaga returning to making SRPGs

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed May 06, 2015 5:54 pm

That's great! Although I haven't played any of the Fire Emblem games he's worked on, nor have I played the other games he made. Razz But it's still good he's returning to his roots.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Shouzou Kaga returning to making SRPGs Empty Re: Shouzou Kaga returning to making SRPGs

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed May 06, 2015 5:59 pm

I guess that's good that he's back into working on games. He might be a bit rusty though since games have changed in some many ways over the last 10 years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:57 am